ANN: microblaze-rtems4.11 toolchain

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Fri Aug 24 15:25:01 UTC 2012

On 08/24/2012 05:15 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 08/24/2012 05:06 PM, Michal Simek wrote:
>> On 08/24/2012 02:46 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>> It is Chris' tool. If you are on a host you have worked actively not to support or you want to build the tools easily on a non-RPM host matching your versions, diffs, and commands, then it is the only option.
>>>
>>> You only work to support a fragment of the community. Don't be a hindrance to those who didn't choose from your list of preferred host OSes.
>>
>> I have no problem to setup virtual machine with tested OS and just use it.
> That's another option.
>
> FWIW: Though I personally don't like Ubuntu and consider rpm-based distros to be superior to deb based distros,
the reason for me not packaging for Ubuntu/Debian primarily are of technical nature and in second place are a resources problem
(lack of time, lack of sufficiently performant machines). I once tried, but failed and gave up ;)

Please correct me if I am wrong. You are pushing patches to binutils/gcc/gdb/newlib, etc.
I just want to download several git repositories and compile them.

Don't want to use any prepared packages because it will limit me to use our
toolchain patches.

I would expect that you will point me to one wiki page where it is written.
Recommended OS for Linux is gentoo, centos, redhat, whatever.
Run this script to check that all required tools are installed.

Run this and this and it will just work.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng)