How to get the multi-lib options of a RTEMS installation

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Feb 10 07:47:21 UTC 2012

On 02/10/2012 04:05 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 02/09/2012 05:44 PM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
[...]
>> This whould be nice for building libraries which depend only
>> on POSIX interfaces.
> I don't understand this question. Are you trying to build an RTEMS with
> cpukit/posix enabled (or more general, with RTEMS cpukit specific flags
> enabled) for some multilib variants and disabled for others and are trying to
> install them into the default directories? In general, this doesn't work.

Lets suppose I have a simple library (libfancy.a) consisting of only one source
file:

#include "fancy.h"

#include <string.h>

void fancy_memcpy(const void *src, void *dst, size_t n)
{
    memcpy(dst, src, n);
}

The header file for this library is:

#include <stddef.h>

void fancy_memcpy(const void *src, void *dst, size_t n);

Clearly this library doesn't depend on certain RTEMS or BSP features.  Its only
dependency is the C library.  Now it would be nice to build this library with
the GCC options corresponding to the libc.a in the multi-lib directories.  I
want one libfancy.a in every directory containing a libc.a.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9