RES: How can I get a BSP and start to develop my RTEMS application on Eclipse ? Where is the BSP path ????

Wendell Pereira da Silva wendell.silva at compsisnet.com.br
Thu Feb 16 10:45:37 UTC 2012

João,

You are almost right.

I really recommend you to acquire some knowledge about the RTEMS, specifically:

1.       Getting Started

2.       Read some examples in the source code (testsuites/samples)

3.       RTEMS C User's Guide

Topics 1 and 3 you can get here: http://www.rtems.com/onlinedocs.html

Probably you should start with a stable (release) version of RTEMS. For example, 4.10.2.

As an RTEMS user, you have to complete the following tasks:

1.       Prepare the environment.

a.       Get RTEMS tool chains for your BSP (i386 in your case)

b.      Get the RTEMS source code

c.       Bootstrap it

d.      Build RTEMS for pc386 BSP

e.      Install the generated libraries

2.       Creating your own code

a.       Probably the best option is to create your own Makefile from a template (e.g . rtems/make/Templates/Makefile.leaf)

b.      Produce the code and edit the Makefile

c.       Build the code: generating a bootable image

d.      You can test it with QEMU (run and/or debug)

3.       Deploy the bootable image in your target board.

a.       ... well, this is taking too long!

Try to do all if it without Eclipse. Just to be aware of the whole process.

The RTEMS wiki is a very good source of information http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php.

--
Att.
Wendell