trouble with application programe of serial port (use bsp of pc386)

zhoupeng zpeng563 at 126.com
Thu Feb 16 15:43:58 UTC 2012

Excuse me.
I will add a brief postscript to my question ,can i use rtems_io_open() ...directly?
I think ,in this situation , we may use arguments  just i give.
Thanks.

At 2012-02-16 21:37:51,"Joel Sherrill" <joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com> wrote:
The short answer is that you shouldn't be programming it at this level.
You should be doing something like this:

int fd;

fd = open( "/dev/xxx", ...);
write( fd, buffer, length );

It doesn't matter to you what the interface between the driver and
termios framework is. You should be using POSIX calls like open, read,
write, and ioctl. The Termios API is used for changing things like baud
rate, bits per character, etc.

I don't know how good this is but a google turned up this which doesn't
look too bad at first glance as an introduction to termios capabilities:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Serial_Programming/termios

--joel