Rtems 4.8.2 for leon2 and gc-sections

Oscar Alvarez Paredes oscar.alvarez.paredes at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 17 07:51:08 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm working with Rtems 4.8.2 for leon2 and I'd like to use the
"gc-sections" option of the linker to remove the unused sections.

I have created a tiny program that works as expected if I link it without
the "gc-sections" option, but that fails to start if I use such option.

I would appreciate If you could give me any hint on why it the executable
is not linked properly with that option and how to fix it.

I can provide any further information that might be regarded as important.

Thanks in advance,

Oscar