GIT Status Report

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Thu Feb 9 03:59:19 UTC 2012

On 02/09/2012 12:29 AM, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 9/02/12 2:07 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>>
>> However, I am also struggling with making my private gits accessible to
>> the public. As far as I can gather, Chris and Co. are applying
>> "specialized" configs and hooks to get their gits working.

As things seem to me I need to explictily specify
"remotes/<repo>/<branch>" in "git checkout -b"'s.

My guess is the cause is my converted gits are still using RTEMS-CVS's
branch names ("rtems-4-X-branch"), while your gits are using "4.X" as
branch names.
  Seemingly, git's branch matching magic fails for my branch names,
while it works for yours.

> The set up for commit users is the standard ssh and git. The only git
> hook operating per repo is the one to send email to the rtems-vc list on
> a commit.
Yep, I noticed this (hooks/post-receive). So far, I deliberately did not
acitivate it for my repositories.

> The /data/git/*.git repos are configured as shared, set to the same
> group and perms set to 'g+ws'.
Will do so, when they are ready - ATM, it's WIP.

Ralf