git conversion status

Wed Jan 11 15:27:02 UTC 2012

Hi,

Thanks to the holidays and different people taking
holiday at different times, the final sysadmin
work on the git conversion didn't get done until
this week.

It looks like everything is in place for git but
Chris is still on holiday until Jan 12. I expect
that once he gets home, he will be online shortly
after. Given that it is about 2am on Jan 12 in
Sidney as I write this, Amar and I would like to
delay going live until he gets a chance to review
things.

Sorry this has taken so long but we all know how
the holidays are and we all wanted to be 100%
confident that things were right.