Permission for folder created during rtems_fsmount

ali nasir supremenasir at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 08:01:48 UTC 2012

Hi,

We observed a change in the permissions of folders created during rtems_fsmount between the RTEMS4.9 and RTEMS4.10.
When we mount the ramdisk on the 4.9 on path /mnt/ram, this directory has rwx permissions for all. But with the 4.10 the rwx permissions are only granted to the root. We use the RFS on the ramdisk.

We see that a build function is introduced in the 4.10 and it plays with the permissions before calling the mknod function. Is the above behavior the desired behavior or it is a problem? What do we do so that the rwx permissions are given to everyone? We know that calling chmod just after mounting will solve this. But is there another way out?

Regards,
Ali