RFS on NVRAM (RTEMS 4.10.1)

VIRAL SHAH sva1978 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 08:13:48 UTC 2012

Hi All,

When we try to mount the RFS on a NVRAM having non 0xFF data it crashes. We cannot see any error on MMI but the CPU gives bus exception indicating the software is trying to write to a write protected location.

We use the below configuration and have 256KB of NVRAM(actually SRAM).

const rtems_nvdisk_config rtems_nvdisk_configuration[] =
{
  {
    block_size:         NVRAMDISK_BLOCK_SIZE, //512
    device_count:       1,
    devices:            &rtems_nv_heap_device_descriptor[0],
    flags:              0,
    info_level:         0
  }
};

If we manually intialize the NVRAM first with 0XFF and then mount RFS it works without any problem. Can anyone please guide us how to fix this problem?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Viral.