RES: stack_checker_report_usage and cpu_usage_report to array

Wendell Pereira da Silva wendell.silva at compsisnet.com.br
Fri Jan 27 12:19:06 UTC 2012

Hi Phil,

I've created my own "cpu_usage" iterator.
I my application, the number of tasks is constant. So, it generates two structured arrays.
The first array, which is sent to ground once, is composed of records with:
 - Task ID
 - Task Name (uint32_t)

The second report, which is sent to ground frequently, is composed of records with:
 - Task.ran.tv_sec (int32_t), seconds since last statistics reset.
 - Task.ran.tv_usec (uint32_t), microseconds of seconds since last statistics reset.
The last record is the total time sampled, so ground has to calculate the percentage of CPU use.

Since each element of the second array is in the same order of the first one, it has worked well.

My own "space packetized" stack usage report is a work in progress.

Maybe it is a good idea to provide RTEMS API of such features.

--
Att.
Wendell P. Silva.