Developing under MacOS

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Jul 17 00:39:56 UTC 2012

On 15/07/12 2:31 AM, Binkowski, Cassio wrote:

> Has anyone had the experience of developing RTEMS application using
> MacOS platform?
> I would like to know if it`s worth the time it takes to build all tools
> from source instead of just using the VM.

I am using Mac OS (Lion) everyday. I build the tools from source using a
Python script call "specbuilder" that uses the RPM spec files in
crossrpms. I try to keep close to the tip but can fall behind if
stability for my work is important.

The unfortunate thing is the rtems-tools repository was missed when
converting to git and we are yet to get it converted. If you would a
copy please let me know and I will send it to you and walk you through
using it.

Chris