Power management

Bart van Kuik bart at vankuik.nl
Mon Jul 23 14:34:37 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've got a question on power management; I'm a newcomer in embedded
software so my question could be phrased somewhat strange.

Suppose you want to use the power management stuff that the hardware
provides; what would this entail?

Am I correct in assuming that the CPU could support some sort of idle
mode, or RAM that could be suspended? And that as far as I can see
after reading the docs, you'd have to create a task that calls these
functions. Then configure it as the idle task, or make sure the
scheduler calls this task.

I'm looking for a basic to-do list for RTEMS, so I can compare it to
whatever Android or Linux provides.

Thanks,
Bart