sparc-rtems4.11-gcc error

Jiri Freyvald jiri.freyvald at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 11:24:51 UTC 2012

Luca,
I installed RTEMS for sparc and arm targets and both worked out of the
box (the same version as you have).

I would recomend you to leave Eclipse for that moment and build from
command line only.
The easiest way to make your application working is to follow those
tutorials:

http://wiki.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/Quick_Start

Have you built this: ?

cd rtems
export PATH=/opt/rtems-4.11/bin:$PATH
./bootstrap
cd ..
mkdir b-sis
cd b-sis
../rtems/configure --target=sparc-rtems4.11 --enable-rtemsbsp=sis \
   --enable-tests=samples --disable-posix
make

Everything went ok?

If yes, you will have a few examples in the build tree, you can run them.

Next step which I did and I recomend you too is:
http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/Example_Application_Compiling
which will completely build a lot of examples and you can then use some
of them as a framework for your application.

The key thing you have to do is to properly set environment *PATH* for
your toolchain and *RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH*,
  then you can run your application located out of the build tree.
You can very easily use its makefile, modify it and it will work for you
(even from Eclipse if you use a Makefile project)

I hope it will help
Jiri