managers

Pierre Ficheux pierre.ficheux at openwide.fr
Tue Jun 19 12:38:23 UTC 2012

Le 18/06/2012 15:26, Joel Sherrill a écrit :

> In the long run, we may be better off with a "constructor" style
> initialization
> like that found in FreeBSD or something similar. That way if you need
> the initialization
> routine, it is implicitly referenced. Otherwise, it is left out. Chris
> Johns had a
> prototype of this working a while back. The question with this approach
> is whether
> the code to process the "constructor tables" and data required would really
> result in savings over just having the small initialization routines
> there all the
> time.

My question was actually about .exe size reduction (a kind of FAQ...).
I've read some discussion
(http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.rtems.user/10658) about removing
some libs:

"You need disable MINIIMFS, libio and libc, and exclude the console from
your Makefile. This will make your minium.exe less than 20K"

Actually how is it possible? modifying source tree?

thx

Pierre FICHEUX  -/- CTO OWI, France -\- pierre.ficheux at openwide.fr
                                          http://ingenierie.openwide.fr
                                          http://www.ficheux.org
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code