Starting with RTEMS

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Mar 1 22:21:18 UTC 2012

On 2/03/12 8:21 AM, Binkowski, Cassio wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 2:51 AM, Andrei Chichak <groups at chichak.ca
> <mailto:groups at chichak.ca>> wrote:
>
>     What was the response to the "which" commands?
>
> I got this:
>

>     /$ which avr-rtems4.10-gcc/
>     //opt/rtems-4.10/bin/avr-rtems4.10-gcc.exe/

Great.

> Another one that seems to be working fine:
>
>     /$ type avr-rtems4.10-gcc/
>     /avr-rtems4.10-gcc is /opt/rtems-4.10/bin/avr-rtems4.10-gcc/

Looks ok. Well it did in your html email.

> However, this is all I get when asking GCC to provide its details:
>
>     /$ avr-rtems4.10-gcc -v --version/
>     /avr-rtems4.10-gcc.exe (GCC) 4.4.6 20110416 (RTEMS
>     gcc-4.4.6-5.mgw/newlib-1.18.0-/
>     /28.mgw)/
>     /Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc./
>     /This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
>       There is NO/
>     /warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
>     PURPOSE./

Have you cut off some of the output ?

> ... different from the one in the wiki
> (http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/MinGW_Tools_for_Windows#RTEMS_Tools_Installation)

The output I posted was for the SPARC architecture and not the AVR so
this will be different. Also I used the 4.11 tools and not the 4.10
tools. They are different.

RTEMS 4.10 is the current released version and is termed "stable". We
only add bug fixes to this version and the tools do not change unless
there is a bug fix we think is important.

RTEMS 4.11 is the development version. This is always changing. It can
be unstable and contain bugs. We add new features here. The tools are
also newer and for this reason the tool details may vary.

If you wish to verify your set up I suggest you download the sparc
architecture tools and execute the same commands I did.

Chris