Google Summer of Code 2012

Fri Mar 9 22:51:07 UTC 2012

On 03/09/2012 02:48 PM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 3:42 PM, Binkowski, Cassio<cassioiks at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Gedare Bloom<gedare at rtems.org>  wrote:

>>> Tomorrow's deadline is for the organization (RTEMS) to apply for GSOC.
>>> After the organizations are announced on the 16th we will know for
>>> sure if RTEMS is officially a participating project.
>>>
>>> Student proposals can be submitted March 26-April 6. Please refer to
>>> the official GSOC 2012 website [1].
>>>
>>> You can (and are encouraged to) start discussing project ideas on the
>>> mailing lists so that you can write a good project proposal. The more
>>> work that you can do before submitting your proposal the better that
>>> the mentors can evaluate.
>>
>> Great. Is this mailing list the appropriate one?
>> I don't have any ideas so far. But I'm open to proposals from the mentors.
>>
> Yes this ml is appropriate for these general questions/discussions.
> For ideas please refer to the Open_Projects page on the RTEMS wiki.
> Find something that interests you...
Some of the open projects are things that involve many
small steps so you can easily get a feel for if you like that
project.  For example, the coverage work and file system
tests both involve making measurable improvements to
the tests and code base.

Other projects are more focused on a particular goal so
you would just have to investigate the project and see if
it sounds interesting and achievable to you.

There are projects at all levels in RTEMS.