ARINC-653 API

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Mar 12 15:36:28 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 6:27 AM, WL <jolkaczad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the tip. At first glance, Pok looks like the appropriate
> solution for the "Partition Management Kernel" which encompasses the
> "Partition Scheduler & Dispatcher" and "Inter-Partition Communication"
> layers (using AIR terminology). I also like the AADL modelling
> language Pok uses to ease and validate system configuration. Getting
> instances of RTEMS to run on top of that and implementing the
> intra-partition ARINC 653 APEX API look like two distinct tasks, I'd
> like to confirm whether one of them would be in the scope of a single
> student summer project, maybe someone else has already looked into
> that? In the meantime I'll check out the AIR SPARC BSP you mentioned.

Yes getting RTEMS to run inside POK and implementing APEX are
distinct. RTEMS-POK integration is a good project. You would have to
dig deeper to see just how much work that would be.

APEX would need to be broken down into a lot of small subtasks that
could each be accomplished. The whole set of tasks is quite large. It
might be possible to define a few of the APEX calls that could be
implemented after RTEMS-POK integration---process management seems
like a good place to start.

> Also, why was ITRON support dropped?

bitrot. No one was (apparently) using or maintaining it.

-Gedare