Enable network for the Intel 82551ER chip - pc386

João Paulo Scalão Martins joaopaulosm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 14:14:40 UTC 2012

Hello guys,

I'm using the PC386 BSP on a Single Board Computer and I need to enable the
ethernet interface of this SBC, so I can create TCP/IP communication for my
project.

My SBC uses the Intel 82551ER ethernet chip. The PC386 BSP doesn't have the
specific driver for this chip, and I have some questions:

Does the ne2000 driver support this chip? How can I build the BSP with the
ne2000 driver? (the source folder of pc386 has a ne2000.c file, but it
seems that this file is not compiled in the building of pc386 - am I wrong?)

Thank you!

Regards from Brazil

Joao Paulo