Enable network for the Intel 82551ER chip - pc386

João Paulo Scalão Martins joaopaulosm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 15:46:49 UTC 2012

Thank you, Mr. Joel.

I've downloaded the libbsdport from GIT, and I'm trying to implement the
drivers in my code, but I don't know how...

Do you know which file contains the 82551 driver? The folder
bsd_eth_drivers/if_em does not have this NIC driver, specifically.

Do I have to do the "make, make install" procedure for the libbsdport ? I
just don't know which folders I have to add to my "include path", neither
the headers files that contains the driver attach functions...

Best regards,

Joao