rtems git readonly access behind corporate firewall

Hill, Jeffrey O johill at lanl.gov
Thu Mar 29 18:13:15 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am attempting to use the RTEMS git repository but the following recommended command doesn't work.

> git clone git://git.rtems.org/rtems.git rtems

We have a corporate firewall here so it appears that I am forced to use one of the following commands instead (emphasis on http) after configuring the proper http proxy in git, but neither of these attempts are successful. There is an "rtems" but not an "rtems.git" at http://git.rtems.org/.

clone http://git.rtems.org/rtems.git rtems
clone http://git.rtems.org/rtems rtems

The first command above results in a the following message.

"warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout."

The second command above results in long delays and eventually a message about the connection being reset by its peer.

I admit to being a git newbie so maybe someone will immediately recognize what I am doing wrong.

Jeff