rtems git readonly access behind corporate firewall

Hill, Jeffrey O johill at lanl.gov
Thu Mar 29 22:27:05 UTC 2012

Hi Again,

I seem to continue experiencing some issues with the rtems git despite some potential fixes to the repository this am, but again I am a git newbie so I could easily be doing something dumb.

The first attempt below is almost certainly caused by the local corporate firewall, whereas the 2nd and 3rd attempt specify http to avoid that issue, but are nevertheless unsuccessful. I did also configure the local http proxy address into the local git client.

hill at ubuntu:~/nios2-rtems/rtems/rtems-git$ git clone git://git.rtems.org/rtems.git rtems
Cloning into rtems...
git.rtems.org[0: 67.63.146.252]: errno=No route to host
fatal: unable to connect a socket (No route to host)

hill at ubuntu:~/nios2-rtems/rtems/rtems-git$ git clone http://git.rtems.org/rtems.git rtems
Cloning into rtems...
warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.

hill at ubuntu:~/nios2-rtems/rtems/rtems-git$ git clone http://git.rtems.org/rtems  rtems
Cloning into rtems...
error: Recv failure: Connection reset by peer (curl_result = 56, http_code = 200, sha1 = 1c47c470b304bbc6e15c64bdc95749920e94d67e)
error: Unable to find 96ce007eb90e31d841287abdf781c3cfdaa80e4a under http://git.rtems.org/rtems
Cannot obtain needed tree 96ce007eb90e31d841287abdf781c3cfdaa80e4a
while processing commit 9604d8b03c4e791bbcdea2b0125787b8d0a5d5d9.
error: Fetch failed.

Jeff