[GSOC] Bdbuf improvements

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Mar 30 10:01:12 UTC 2012

Hello Xiang Cui,

it is good to hear that you are interested in this topic.  I think all RTEMS
users with block devices will profit from changes in this area.

On 03/29/2012 12:59 PM, Xiang Cui wrote:
[...]
> Last year I helped to add the file system POSIX compatibility test
> suite to RTEMS.

Thanks a lot, your tests were very helpful for my recent file system changes.

> I have more free time than last summer, so I think
> this project is OK for me. I just start to read the Block Device
> Buffer Management source code. Any advice are welcomed. After
> gathering the feedback, I will complete my proposal as soon as
> possible.

The most important part of the bdbuf documentation is the state machine here:

http://www.rtems.org/onlinedocs/doxygen/cpukit/html/group__rtems__bdbuf.html#details

This diagram is the specification.  If you need more states or change
transitions, then do this first here.  With this diagram you can also show the
correctness.

There are several tests for the bdbuf:

testsuites/libtests/block*

The test testsuites/libtests/block05 tests the state machine.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9