rtems git readonly access behind corporate firewall

Hill, Jeffrey O johill at lanl.gov
Fri Mar 30 15:58:32 UTC 2012

Thanks Joao (and everyone else for their answers),

I just now sent a request for a port 9418 firewall exception to the IT department here.

However, I read that modern git should work fine over http so I suspect that this "warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout" might be a clue concerning what might be wrong (with the http based access).

Note that there can be two different ways to start the git clone.

git clone git://git.rtems.org/rtems.git rtems

git clone http://git.rtems.org/rtems.git rtems

Jeff