Running lm3s6965 BSP on Qemu

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed May 9 12:38:13 UTC 2012

On 05/09/2012 02:33 PM, Steven Grunza wrote:
[...]
> Try the .ralf file

The .ralf and .exe file are the same.  You can also use a .bin file.

> I also followed the instructions and it seems to work ok.  I'm not concerned with what happens after the code finishes running since exiting main() is an odd thing in an embedded environment.  I'm be looking into getting this running on an LM3S8962 eval board from TI soon.
>
> grunzasr at stm32dbg% qemu-system-arm  -nographic -M lm3s6965evb -kernel hello.ralf
>

> *** HELLO WORLD TEST ***
> Hello World
> *** END OF HELLO WORLD TEST ***
> qemu: hardware error: gic_dist_writeb: Bad offset 4f0

I found no way to perform a proper board reset, thus I use an invalid memory
access to get out of the Qemu instance.  This is the error message
corresponding to bsp_reset().

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6