good first target?

Patrick patrick at spellingbeewinnars.org
Sun May 13 14:37:18 UTC 2012

Hi Sebastian

Thanks for responding to my post.

For my first RTEMS project all I want to do is play with a few GPIO
lines. My main concern is starting a project and then finding out that
there isn't full Ada support for my target. I could use a
microcontroller or a SBC. I could spend $100 or so but if ARM or other
lighter weight processors are fully supported then I would prefer this
over X86.

I like the eLua project. With this project there are several targets
supported but the Luminary Micro LM3S8962 is used by many members. There
are tutorials that discuss it's development board and there are no weak
spots in the project with this board. It is a sort a common reference point.

I was hoping to find something similar with RTEMS.

Thanks-Patrick