cross-compiling LIBGMP for arm-rtemseabi4.11 toolchain

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Wed May 23 16:07:54 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Jiri Freyvald <jiri.freyvald at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
Hi, and welcome!

> I am just at the beginning to discover RTEMS. I am interested mainly in the
> existing port for STM32F4xx board as it is at the moment one of the most
> affordable board available.
>
> I installed VirtualBox image RTEMS 4.11 CentOS 6.2 and tried to follow all
> the steps described
> on wiki:
> http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/Virtual_Machines_for_RTEMS_Development
>
> but as I need to create cross-toolchain for arm-rtemseabi4.11, I have to
> build  GMP and MPC for the same cross platform,
You might try soft-linking mpc and gmp directly in the gcc source
tree. I think gcc will find and build them appropriately for you if
they are in its directory tree.
e.g.
cd gcc-version
ln -s ../mpc-version mpc
ln -s ../gmp-version gmp

> so I modified configure for GMP to:
>
> ./configure --build=arm-rtemseabi4.11

Maybe this should be --target=arm-rtemseabi4.11 I'm not sure if it
would make a difference.