Using COM Port as console in building RTEMS for SMDK2410

SAeeD salpha.2004 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 15:10:36 UTC 2012

Thanks for your reply, Joel.

I wonder why there is no warning or error while configuring SMDK2410 to use
an unaffected option, that is USE_COM1_AS_CONSOLE=1.
But I'm curious that why this is so? I mean why this option has no impact
while building the OS for SMDK2410? Is it for that COM naming is specific
to Windows systems?
So how is it possible that one attaches the standard console to serial
port, while building RTEMS for SMDK2410?

Thanks for noticing about the baud rate but I guess the baud rate on
Mini2440 can be configured to be the same as SMDK2410 by running uart
initialization function but I will check it out to make sure.

SAeeD