Debugging an RTEMS Application, show threads in gdb possible

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at uni-bremen.de
Mon Nov 12 08:07:06 UTC 2012

Hello together,
i started to port rock-robotic.org to the RTEMS Systems.

I already got an running RTEMS Application, but at one point, my thread
is not longer executed.
An TCP ping still works so my system in general is alive.
I got an gdb running that attaches to the remote system. But i hang
always in the idle function.
I searched for the scheduler implementation to set an breakpoint there,
but i could't find it in the sources.

So what's the way to check which threads are "there" and in which states
the are with gdb?

I use an qemu with an i368 as target platform currently.

My work i based on the approach from Anita Vazquez which has done some
previous work during the ESA Summer School, only if you already heard
about this.

Greetings,
Matthias

--