RTEMS and PCI Express

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Nov 14 20:42:37 UTC 2012

I think the short answer is: yes as long as it behaves as a legacy PCI
device (no msi etc)
and the bios/firmware takes care of configuring the pci bus(es) - this
also applies to
legacy PCI.
In this case PCIe is basically just pci.

I have used a i82573 PCIe ethernet controller on a ampro-820 read-board,
essentially
an embedded PC (-> bios configures the PCI bus including PCIe) under RTEMS.

I havent' answered (or even looked closely) at your email because my
main focus
- alas - is not RTEMS anymore.

HTH
- Till