nanosleep blocks inifinity (internal rtems deathlock?) even CPU is in idle Task

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at uni-bremen.de
Fri Nov 16 07:48:20 UTC 2012

On 15.11.2012 19:45, Chris Johns wrote:
> Matthias Goldhoorn wrote:

> Which interrupts are happening that cause the sleep to not wake up, ie
> the timer to not fire ?
>
> What concerns me with the 'rtems_posix_threads' list you posted is no
> IDLE task which leads me to think any classic threads are not listed.
> Is there something else loading the CPU ? Maybe a classic thread
> created by the BSP.
>
> Chris
First of all:

Questions to _Watchdog_Ticks_since_boot
the _Watchdog_Ticks_since_boot is incrementing after watch interrupt
that results of the br to rtems_clock_tick()

Question regarding to an simple example or my current setup:
i attached the RTEMS initialization classes for my base-system. The
whole rest is rock standard, but i don't have an out of the box
bootstrap or simple example because i glued rock and rtems together.
I currently working by side of this problem to integrate the whole RTEMs
think into ROCK itself as an clean bootstrap. If i finished this
(hopefully in the next days) i could send you the link howto bootstrap this.
This might then also be interesting for RTEMs users that to Robot
control in general. But i got offtopic...

Questions to another bsp:
Not yet

Regarding to the missing idle thread:
I think this idle function is only directly called from the scheduler
and not an "real" rtems thread or thread?!

To the point no source lines available:
I dont know why GDB could not figure out the code inside of the clock
interrupt function for everything expect this function i have code lines...

Current State:
I currently try to debug more into the scheduling from rtems_clock_tick
on...

Matthias

--
  Dipl.-Inf. Matthias Goldhoorn