Beginner rtems questions

Kevin Peterson kmpeters at anl.gov
Tue Nov 20 22:35:12 UTC 2012

I'm new to rtems.  Here is what I've done so far:

1. I built the RTEMS toolchain from source for powerpc-rtems4.10 on
linux (RHEL6), following the instructions here:

http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/Building_Tools

2. I followed the quickstart instructions here to build rtems 4.10 for
rtemsbsp targets beatnik and mvme2307:

http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/Quick_Start

And now I'm not sure what to do next.  I have both MVME5100 and MVME2700
processors for my vme.  My understanding after searching the mailing
list archives is that the MVME2700 processor will work with the
mvme2307 bsp.

Here are my questions:

1. Is there a bsp that works with the MVME5100?

2. I expected the beatnik and mvme2307 builds to result in an rtems
flash image, like the the one mentioned in these instructions for
flashing a 6100, but I don't see it:

https://silicondetector.org/display/LCLSControls/MotorolaProcessorRTEMS+How-to+Flash+an+mvme6100

What do I need to do to build this flash image?

Thanks ahead of time,

Kevin