apt support for debian squeeze

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Mon Nov 19 17:28:42 UTC 2012

On 11/19/2012 06:19 PM, Tim Cussins wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We're looking at adding the rtems 4.11 apt repository to our server
> (debian squeeze) sources.list but have run into some problems. I was
> hoping to investigate both the powerpc and arm toolchains.
>
> On our debian squeeze box, the key at
> http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/linux/gpg-pubkey-69ce4a83-44cc2b30
> doesn't seem to authenticate any packages.
>
> Additionally,
> http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/linux/4.11/debian/dists/squeeze/rtems4.11/binary-i386/Packages
> doesn't seem to contain any *-gdb packages.
>
> There were a couple of other things, but my question is: Is this working
> for anyone else?

Unlikely. What you see on rtems.org is a stalled/abandoned/failed
attempt of me trying to provide debian/Ubuntu packages.

I haven't revisited this since my initial attempts, due to a cut down of
resources, technical difficulties and personal time.

As a consequence of this, these repos are gradually rottening. Don't use
them.

> I also tried with ubuntu - powerpc toolchain installed fine, gpg key
> worked fine, but some arm toolchain entries in the Packages file don't
> exist, due to an apparent naming mismatch:
>
> e.g. In the Packages file:
>
> pool/rtems4.11/r/rtems-4.11-arm-rtems4.11-binutils/rtems-4.11-arm-rtems4.11-binutils_2.21-1natty2_i386.deb
>
> vs the extant file:
>
> pool/rtems4.11/r/rtems-4.11-arm-rtemseabi4.11-binutils/rtems-4.11-arm-rtemseabi4.11-binutils_2.21-1natty2_i386.deb
>
> Any thoughts?

c.f. above.

Ralf