Raspberry PI

Vidh vidhu2366 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 03:26:04 UTC 2012

I have been looking forward to do something on Raspberry pi and can really
get involved in this ! :) interesting!

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 3:48 AM, Pierre Ficheux
<pierre.ficheux at openwide.fr>wrote:

> Le 27/11/12 23:15, Angelo Fraietta a écrit :
> >
> > I had a look here and it says that source code is available
> > http://elinux.org/Rpi_kernel_compilation
> >
> >     The kernel source should be downloaded from the RPI linux section on
> >     GitHub <https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux>. Although you could
> >     just compile the vanilla kernel from Kernel.org
> >     <http://www.kernel.org/>, it will not have the necessary drivers and
> >     modules for the Broadcom SoC on the RPi. You can however apply
> >     patches from the vanilla kernel to the RPi one - be prepared for
> >     potential compiler grumbles though!
> >

> > That indicates to me that the first link does include the driver source
> > and the vanilla one does not
> >

> Right, you should use a specific kernel for Raspberry as it's not
> "mainline".
>

> > For me, a $25 board that could run RTEMS would be fantastic.
>

> --
> Pierre FICHEUX -/- CTO OW/OWI, France -\- pierre.ficheux at openwide.fr
>                                          http://ingenierie.openwide.fr
>                                          http://www.ficheux.org
> I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code

Vidhoon Viswanathan
Design Engineer,
Texas Instruments
+91 7760711773 <http://vidhoon.wordpress.com>
<http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCUQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ti.com%2Fww%2Fin%2F&rct=j&q=texas%20instruments%20%20india&ei=YL9ITrKwIJHJrQeQrMiLCA&usg=AFQjCNGKHhcMqfR9NNNDa2ZFTmEjN2IORQ&sig2=LzDgYQhcI0xWX_hbJ7t75Q&cad=rja>
<http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/gencontent.tsp?contentId=46946>

   <http://www.facebook.com/people/Vidhoon-Vishwanath/1212699428>
<http://twitter.com/#%21/vidhoon>
<http://vidhoon.wordpress.com>