install path for libcpu

Tue Oct 2 14:55:50 UTC 2012

On 10/02/2012 09:38 AM, Hill, Jeff wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Maybe someone will have a quick answer for an RTEMS build system mystery
> that I currently don't understand. I have had to make this change in
> c/src/make/compilers/gcc-target-default.cfg but I don't understand
> why others do not experience the same issue?
>
> After:
>
> LINK_FILES =\
>      $(CONSTRUCTOR) \
>      $(OBJS) \
>      $(PROJECT_RELEASE)/lib/librtemsbsp$(LIBSUFFIX_VA) \
>      $(PROJECT_RELEASE)/../lib/librtemscpu$(LIBSUFFIX_VA)
>
> Before:
>
> LINK_FILES =\
>      $(CONSTRUCTOR) \
>      $(OBJS) \
>      $(PROJECT_RELEASE)/lib/librtemsbsp$(LIBSUFFIX_VA) \
>      $(PROJECT_RELEASE)/lib/librtemscpu$(LIBSUFFIX_VA)
>
> If I don't make this change then application codes like the
> netdemo will not build with the original RTEMS build system.
>
> This is probably self inflicted, and no-doubt has something
> to do with install path for libcpu. I see this issue in all
> versions of RTEMS, with the Nios2 BSP.
Normally the BSP specifically lists which components
from libcpu it wants. Those get included in the librtemsbsp.a.
Here is a fragment from sparc/erc32/Makefile.am to pick up
the libcpu components that BSP wants:

libbsp_a_LIBADD  = \
     ../../../libcpu/@RTEMS_CPU@/access.rel \
     ../../../libcpu/@RTEMS_CPU@/cache.rel \
     ../../../libcpu/@RTEMS_CPU@/reg_win.rel \
     ../../../libcpu/@RTEMS_CPU@/syscall.rel

libcpu objects are not directly installed. The .h files are.