Status of ARM/CSB337 bsp

Wendell Silva silvawp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 19:24:50 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm finally reviewing the changes on ARM/CSB637 since 4.9.99 (that works on
real hardware) until now (git master - 4.10.99 - which does not work on
real hardware).

The linker script is completely different now and, although is is far
better organized than the old one, it does not work in the real hardware.

1) The symbol _start was at 0x20100000, now it is at 0x20104000, letting a
room of 16K _ttbl_base. Is there a special reason for that? Why should
_ttbl_base be at such address?

2) OK, despite 1)  I tried to load the software at 0x20104000:

Obtain the binary (raw) image:
   arm-rtemseabi4.11-objcopy -O binary hello.exe hello.bin

Connected to the target board, loaded the hello.bin starting at 0x20104000,
and call 0x20104000 (umon command).

But, nothing... the board rebooted after some seconds.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

--Wendell.