New IP Address for RTEMS.info

Tue Oct 9 13:58:31 UTC 2012

On 10/09/2012 08:41 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 10/09/2012 03:08 AM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> The mirror at rtems.info now has a new IP address. I have just
>> changed the IP address in my router. It may take a day or two
>> for the new DNS entries to propagate.
> ATM things appear to be in disorder ;)
>
> rtems.org machines can't resolve rtems.info at all.
They resolve www.rtems.info and had this behaviour before
the IP address change. I was going to get Jeff to investigate
once the IP address settled out.

But it resolves with the ISPs DNS server.

$ dig  @dns1.knology.net rtems.info

> On my local machines, rtems.info resolves to 2 different IP-addresses at
> the same time, with reverse DNS seemingly not working.
That was their idea. I didn't want to argue but I wondered
how it had a prayer of working. The intention was to make
it easy to back off to the old IP address if the new one didn't
work at all when I changed my router. It was cautious but
I didn't see how it could be right.

I have a call in to the single person I am dealing with to
kill the old ones.
>> Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
> I have temporarily taken out rtems.info from my yum-repository
> mirrorlist-generation/mirror-check script.
>
> Give me a ping when things have settled.
Hopefully in the next hour or so. I am just waiting for the
guy to get in. My experience with these things is that you
should avoid "first tier" support folks and stick with the
real network folks until the issue is resolved.

Hopefully soon.