what's role of 'extract' of structure Objects_Information's member?

Wed Sep 12 15:02:32 UTC 2012

On 9/12/2012 9:55 AM, Bacon Xu wrote:
> Thank you very much. I'm very confused  about the role of  "extract".
> What kind of case do I use it? How to use it?
> The document haven't mentioned it. to free some resource to RTEMS, or
> to notice other nodes that this object has been teared down. I have no
> idea.

Extract is used in RTEMS as a list manipulation term.

+ append - add to list at end
+ prepend - add to list at beginning
+ insert - add to list at arbitrary point
+ extract - remove from list at arbitrary point
+ get - remove from beginning of list

Extract thread removes an arbitrary thread from a blocking set (e.g.
thread queue)
no matter where it is in the thread queue.