RES: testing multitasking rtems

Wendell Pereira da Silva wendell.silva at compsisnet.com.br
Wed Sep 19 15:18:00 UTC 2012

Luca,

Unless you have two CPUs (or a dual core CPU) and SMP support for your BSP, it's impossible to get two tasks running at the same time (if I understood what you mean "... a second task running when one is still running).
In most cases, on single core (or single processor) BSP's tasks share the same CPU being droved by any scheduling policy implemented in the RTOS.

If you want your tasks sharing the CPU, please, check the tasks priority, attributes and execution mode.

Probably task one has higher priority than task two, and task one never blocks.

A good reference is the RTEMS Users Guide<http://www.rtems.org/onlinedocs/releases/rtemsdocs-4.10.2/share/rtems/pdf/c_user.pdf>, topic 5.2.

Hope it helps.

--Wendell