RTEMS 4.10.2 and openSSL 1.0.0.d

Mon Sep 24 14:01:05 UTC 2012

On 09/24/2012 03:29 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> you can use the stack checker (confdefs.h define
> CONFIGURE_STACK_CHECKER_ENABLED) to get an estimate of the stack size
> requirements of your tasks.  Just make the stacks big enough for a start.  You
> can use rtems_stack_checker_report_usage_with_plugin() to print out the current
> stack usage of all threads.
I agree with Sebastian. Turn on the stack checker. Then do a couple
of other things:

+ CONFIGURE_UNLIMITED - eliminate possibility of running out of
     threads, mutexes, etc.
+ CONFIGURE_UNIFIED_WORK_AREAS - so you have plenty of
     RTEMS Workspace
+ CONFIGURE_MINIMUM_TASK_STACK_SIZE - to something obscenely
     large in normal RTEMS terms. Say 64k or 128k or more if you can
     BSP has enough.

Then you should be able to use the stack checker to see how much
each thread really uses and adjust.

Throw resources at it and then tune it down.

--joel