System Hangs at libvirtd During Boot

Wed Apr 3 20:01:18 UTC 2013

On 4/3/2013 2:42 PM, Jaskaran Virdi wrote:
> Hi
> I've done the yum update for Centos 6.4 by accessing it through the
> root account.
> After reboot I'm stuck at the Starting libvirtd daemon.
> I've tried step 1 and failed.
> Basically I'm having
> Starting the VirtualBox Guest Additions [FAILED]
> Now what do I do?
http://wiki.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/Virtual_Machines_for_RTEMS_Development#System_Hangs_at_libvirtd_During_Boot

The Virtualbox Guest Extensions do not match the kernel
version after the upgrade. Those instructions should help.

Sometimes removing them allows you to reboot into graphics
mode and install them again. But you can re-install them from
"init 3" level command line and that seems to be a reliable
solution.