Bugs in the Raspberry Pi BSP

Alan Cudmore alan.cudmore at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 14:22:22 UTC 2013

This weekend, I was putting together an example for the Raspberry Pi which
includes a ramdisk, nvramdisk, shell with most commands enabled, and a few
of the samples built in.

While much of the code I run works, I have run into a few problems.
Some examples:
1. If I type "ls" on the shell, it works. If I type "ls -l" the shell ( and
I guess the board ) locks up. I could probably start some tasks to see if
it's just the shell that stops.

2. If I type in an incorrect command like "helo" rather than "help" the
shell will lock up.

3. If I try to copy a file "cp shell-init shell-init2"  The shell seems to
lock up. This is in the base imfs file system.

But many other things still work. I can create a 32MB ramdisk, format it
with RFS, mount it and fill it up with test files. I was even able to copy
a file on the RFS ramdisk.

I was thinking that the shell issues might be due to a very basic polled
console driver. It might not be behaving the way a proper termios
compatible console driver should.

I think it's time to get a jtag setup for this board because I really
cannot tell what is going on.

Alan