Delay setting RTEMS clock with TOD_Set.

Rafael Morales rmorales at iaa.es
Wed Apr 10 10:00:25 UTC 2013

Dear all,

We are using a development system based on Leon3 at 25MHz clock and
RTEMS 4.10 (Gaisler version 4.10.1.2.8).

We are experiencing a big delay setting the clock time with TOD. The
sequence is:

      struct timespec startTimeStamp;
     get_time_stamp(&startTimeStamp);

     _Thread_Disable_dispatch();
     _TOD_Set( newtime );
     _Thread_Enable_dispatch();

     struct timespec stopTimeStamp;
     get_time_stamp(&stopTimeStamp);

If we get the new time after the _TOD_Set, we see that current time as
about 1-5 milliseconds late. We have try to delete the
_Thread_Disable_dispatch and _Thread_Enable_dispatch with no results. It
seems that the call _TOD_Set is the responsible of the delay

Any idea about how to manage this situation?

Thanks in advance.