path for patches

Wed Apr 10 21:49:27 UTC 2013

On 4/10/2013 4:33 PM, Matt Wette wrote:
> Thanks.   I was able to build the chain with no patches, with the following exceptions:
> 1. I had to use "-disable-posix" on RTEMS.  There seemed to be some mismatch between rtems-4.10.2 and newlib-1.18.0 wrt threads.
That's what the patches you didn't apply would have accounted for.

The master location for patches has moved and we converted to git
from CVS since 4.10.x. Patches should be here:

http://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools.git/
> 2.  HACK: I had to copy /usr/include/linux/stddef.h to /usr/include and add a "typedef unsigned size_t;" to the end of that file.
This sounds like an odd host issue. What host and where it did crop up?

This really doesn't sound like an RTEMS issue. Most of our code is cross. :)

> I'm not trying to load rtems and use it right away.  My objective is to dig a bit and understand what is under the hood.
The Doxygen output may help some.

http://www.rtems.org/onlinedocs/doxygen/cpukit/html/

If you have questions or spot issues, report it. We try to kill typos
and improve comments.

Feedback with patches is even better. :)
> I am impressed that this is supported inside the gnu toolchain.
It has been in there a long time.  But like most projects, after a tool
release,
we sometimes end up with patches to their releases. And newlib only has
releases once a year with almost no history of .1 releases so that tends to
mean we always need patches for newlib.

--joel