Raspberry Pi build

Mathew Benson mathew.benson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 12:22:19 UTC 2013

I started building this last night from Alan's instructions.  Maybe I missed it in the documentation, but the build process requires glibc-static on CentOS.  The build fails with a difficult to diagnose error.  At least difficult to find late at night.  I was getting a "compiler cannot build executables" error.  The RTEMS wiki has something on that, but it pointed me in the wrong direction.  I had to write a sample .c and compile it manually with the same switches to determine which switch was causing the failure.  Then determine which library is required for the offending switch.  Once I ran "yum install glibc-static", that step passed.