Debugging basic BSP tasking functionality

Wed Apr 17 15:01:29 UTC 2013

On 4/17/2013 9:47 AM, Matthew J Fletcher wrote:
> >If you put an explicit call to rtems_stack_checker_is_blown() in
> Init() at
> >various points, does it think things are OK?
>
> I put in a few and even the last one before the Init() task deletes
> itself is ok.

OK.
> >Just to be clear.. is this with the rtl22xx or rtl22xx_t BSP? The
> non-thumb version
> >uses -mapcs-frame which no other BSP uses. That makes me wonder.
>
> rtl22xx_t 'Thumb', -mapcs-frame is passed on the gcc command line.

If this is the BSP you are using, take it off and try again. This is the
only BSP
using this option. Sebastian can probably comment on the other arguments.

> >Not with RTEMS. When you enter/exit an ISR, you go through some
> >code which saves the proper registers, probably switches you to
> >a dedicated stack, and does the OS stuff needed so it will do
> >any needed dispatching at the end of the interrupt.
>
> Is this shared between BSPs ? i tried to look for this and failed.

It is absolutely shared. The BSP has to provide some glue code but
between libbsp/shared, libbsp/<ARCH>/shared, and the appropriate
libcpu directory, you will find the code.

Look for shared and libcpu in the Makefile.am.

Now as Sebastian says, the handler might be mis-registered as raw
not OS interrupt. And the BSP may have been mechanically converted
to the new shared PIC interrupt code used by many BSPs but not
tested.