STM32F4 BSP usage

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Apr 18 07:04:51 UTC 2013

Hello,

in RTEMS we are in general very sloppy with hardware access.  Most systems have
memory mapped registers and we simply use structs to access the hardware.
RTEMS has not bus space API like in BSD or the inb() etc. macros from Linux.

One of the first steps of a new driver is normally to write a header file for
the registers, e.g.

http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/c/src/lib/libbsp/arm/stm32f4/include/stm32f4.h

Fell free to add more defines and send patches.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09