_Internal_error_Occurred() in _Thread_Handler()

Matthew J Fletcher amimjf at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 15:31:31 UTC 2013

Hi,

Ok, so i enclosed the child thread call to rtems_task_wait_after() in a
never ending for loop expecting no error to be thrown (as the thread never
returns) and i still end up in _Internal_error_Occured from _Thread_Handler.

This is all in 4.10.2. I've run the following several times now, same
result, i dont see how the rtems_task_wake_after() is breaking out of the
for(;;) to return. But looking at the executing->Start->entry_point in
_Thread_Handler test_wake_after() was the last task run.

-------------- snip -------------

rtems_task test_wake_after(rtems_task_argument ignored)
{
    for(;;)
    {
        rtems_task_wake_after(10);

        /* application code happening on interval here */
    }
}

rtems_task Init( rtems_task_argument ignored )
{
    rtems_status_code status;
    rtems_id id;

    status = rtems_task_create( "wake_after",
        23,
        1024,
        RTEMS_DEFAULT_MODES,
        RTEMS_FLOATING_POINT | RTEMS_DEFAULT_ATTRIBUTES,
        &id
    );

    status = rtems_task_start(id, test_wake_after, NULL);

    rtems_task_delete(RTEMS_SELF);
}

On 2 April 2013 15:52, Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de>wrote:

> On 04/02/2013 04:45 PM, Matthew J Fletcher wrote:
>

>> rtems_task test_wake_after(rtems_task_**argument ignored)
>> {
>>      rtems_task_wake_after(10);
>> }
>>

> This will result in an internal error once the rtems_task_wake_after()
> returns.  You can use this:
>
> rtems_task test_wake_after(rtems_task_**argument ignored)
> {
>         rtems_task_wake_after(10);
>
>         rtems_task_delete(RTEMS_SELF);
> }