Instructions for building and running RTEMS on the Raspberry Pi

Sat Apr 6 13:56:39 UTC 2013

On 4/6/2013 4:07 AM, Pierre Ficheux wrote:
> Great work Alan :)
>
> I have ACT led blinking (GPIO #16) on the RPi :) I will add a GPIO driver if not already done.
Very cool!

I have a git module that is a work in process for analog and discrete I/O
support. It has a single method way of providing the device interface.
Layered on top of that are standard methods for the application and
some really handy shell commands for driving outputs and reading inputs.

There is support for two PC-104 multi-IO boards now.

The API is currently minimal. I know OAR has another older library
called "HW API" which also provides the ability to have a task in the
background
polling at a fixed rate and all I/O is updated at that rate. It also had
abstraction
helpers like "relay" which abstracted "open" and "close" into the bit
signals.

I would love to see this code get feedback and grow into something the
Community wants to use. It would give us a standard API at the application
level for the discrete i/O and analog I/O portions of the stuff we
encounter.