Paravirtualization project - GSOC 2013

Cláudio Silva claudiodcsilva at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 13:07:28 UTC 2013

Hello Philipp,

RTEMS on POK was meant as a first virtualization experience for  RTEMS on
top of an open source ARINC 653 compliant hypervisor. A future generic
paravirtualization interface would be build based on this first experience.
System calls are there to maintain the independence between RTEMS and the
partitioning kernel. Of course the system calls (or hypercalls) can
(should) be hidden by a small library that is linked against the
virtualized operating system. Originally, POK uses system calls to
interface between the ARINC 653 executive in each partition and the
partitioning kernel.

Can you further explain your L4 based approach? Does it seem like a
modified jump table?

Regards,
Cláudio Silva