move sensitive instructions from score to libcpu

Wed Apr 17 14:38:53 UTC 2013

Answering quickly as I am overwhelmed today.

If you don't inline disable/enable interrupts, then that has
a performance impact on the system as well as an increase
in the maximum length of time interrupts are disabled.

The SPARC already has to trap to supervisor mode to do
this so it would not have any impact to replace the trap
code with safe code.

The x86 likely won't matter is you do this because they
are generally very fast anyway.

The ARM would have to be thought about.

I doubt anyone would paravirtualize any other architectures
anyway.

What other instructions are you worried about?